AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Critical Care Educator - Days in Killeen, Texas
Registered Nurse – Critical Care Educator
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full time Days – 40 hours
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Develops, Educates, And Evaluates Clinical Educational Needs
· Provides Education of Nursing Staff/Healthcare Personnel
· Participates in Performance Improvement Activities To Enhance And Optimize Clinical Practice
What You Will Need:
· BSN or higher from an accredited institution.
· 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 3 plus years of clinical precepting, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience.
· Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
· BLS, ACLS, PALS
· ANCC Nursing Certification in area of Specialty or within 2 years of hire
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of Cerner as it relates to nursing and ancillary staff. If unfamiliar with Cerner, new hire will be provided opportunity to demonstrate competency of Cerner EHR within 80 days of hire. Clinical Informatics Nurse Educator will validate competency of EHR knowledge.
· Highly-skilled operating all Microsoft Office applications, Internet, and the EHR (Cerner).
This competent level Registered Nurse is responsible for staff development and for clinical staff training under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Informatics / Clinical Education. This is done with respect to the team approach and with the assurance of a safe and comfortable staff and patient environment while recognizing and ensuring rights of each individual. This care is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.