AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Critical Care ICU & ER - Float Pool - PRN in Killeen, Texas
Registered Nurse - Critical Care Float – ICU & ER - Float Pool - PRN
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 15%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Floating in between ICU and ER Units as needed per shift.
· Provides care that is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals.
· Delivers patient centered nursing care using The Whole Care Experience principles to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
· Establishes a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to the patients and their families.
· Provides quality care by adhering to Standards of Practice, measuring health outcomes against patient centered goals.
What You Will Need:
· Associate’s degree in Nursing.
· Two years’ acute care and two years of critical care experience.
· Registered Nurse License to practice in the state of Texas or a Compact Registered Nurse License from a NCLA Compact State.
· Specialty: Critical Care: BLS, ACLS, PALS from the American Heart Association
· Frequent independent judgment.
· Must be able to handle clinical situations requiring use of sound professional judgment and critical-thinking skills. This includes clinical assessment, data, and patient response.
· The employee is responsible for providing quality patient care.
· Must be able to continuously prioritize multiple duties.
· Must be able to function in a calm and professional manner during stressful situations.
· Assessment, reassessment and critical-thinking skills must be utilized in dealing with changes in patient outcomes. Basic computer skills are required.
· General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques.
· General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications.
· Skill to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the facility.
· Skill to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information.
· Will float to appropriate departments within scope, skill/ability and credentials.
T he RN Float Pool Level III, Critical Care, performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served, in ICU and ER. The Registered Nurse performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients’ health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, completing the nursing process and the patients’ plans of care, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families and supervising assigned team members. The Registered Nurse is under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the assigned charge nurses. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.