AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Emergency Department in Killeen, Texas
Registered Nurse – Emergency Department
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides for delivery of patient care through assessment with identification and prioritization of presenting problems or needs, to facilitate optimum patient care
· Evaluates patients presented to the Emergency Room upon their arrival
· Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy
· Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and implements preventive measures
What You Will Need:
· A graduate of an accredited school of nursing or degree program
· Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or Compact State
· BLS (Basic Life Support) - upon hire
· ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - upon hire
· PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - upon hire
· TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) – within the first 18 months of hire
· CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) – within the first three months of hire
The ED Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient centered care in a critical care area as part of a multidisciplinary team to prioritize care through appropriate triage, assess the needs of the patient and provide treatment, and properly disposition the patient. The ED RN provides patient-centered care to a population within the age range of newborn to geriatric.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.