All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Day 1 Insurance
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Onsite Interviews available for experience Labor & Delivery RNs:
Tuesday, July 18th, 7-9 am
Thursday, July 20th, 4-7 pm
Tuesday, July 25th, 7-9 am
Thursday, July 27th, 5-7 pm
Location: 2201 S. Clear Creek Rd.
Killeen, TX 76549
Walk-ins are welcomed but registration is highly recommended.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas, AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Clinics and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day Shift and Night Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth provides care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ AdventHealth is committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on our journey to Magnet status and Pathways designated.
· Designated Emergency Center of Excellence recognizing our facility as a high-performing emergency department
The role you’ll contribute:
AdventHealth System Department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 23-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Nursery/Special Care Nursery and Labor & Delivery.
Labor and Delivery unit consists of 8 LDR's, 2 Triage Rooms, c-section suite. We currently have an approximate delivery rate of 1300 births per year.
AdventHealth System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, AdventHealth System RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. Position requires experience in a specialty area of obstetrical clinical nursing activities in the areas of OB triage, Labor and Delivery, Post-partum/Couplet Care, Antepartum, OB Operating Room, recovery and level one nursery and providing technical nursing support to nursing staff to ensure patient assessments are skilled and comprehensive care to patients.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Administers care for the obstetrical patient having surgical procedure in the Labor & Delivery Operating Suite.
· Intraoperative and post anesthesia care is in accordance with Hospital established standards of care. Performs steam sterilization processing of instruments and supplies for the MCH unit in accordance with Hospital standards for sterilization. Assures sterilization parameters have been met before utilizing supplies.
· Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries.
· Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
· Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk obstetrical patients.
· Recognition of maternal and/or fetal problems are identified and reported to the physician.
· Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
· Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled surgical procedures.
· Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands.
· Documents band identification number appropriately in medical record.
· Verifies band and medical record document with nursery upon arrival to nursery.
· Provides emotional support and assists in contracting Pregnancy Loss Support Group for parents/significant others experiencing grief due to newborn condition at birth, parental separation from newborn, neonatal death or fetal demise.
· Demonstrates knowledge and provides support to natural mother, agencies, and foster or adoptive parents when newborn is for adoption.
· Demonstrates knowledge of individual role in Hospital infant abduction plan.
· Performs other related duties as directed or required.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· BLS certification required
· CPR required and /or specialty certification (NRP, ACLS) in the area of expertise required within first 90 days of employment.
· Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN License from a NCLA Compact State
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23023865
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $32.21 - $48.31
Location: Killeen, TX
Job ID: 23023865
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night