AdventHealth RN Adult BH PRN Days in Killeen, Texas
RN Adult Behavioral Health AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates effectively with physician regarding patient needs
· Patient Assessment Complete and Timely
· Pain Assessment re-evaluation after meds
· Medication administration
Wristbands > 95%*
Medications > 95%*
· Pediatric Co-Sign
· Obtaining lab work
· Performing EKG
· Limited CCT corrections with timeliness of correction
· Perform and documentation of Q 15 minute and one-to-one patient monitoring.
· Documentation of patient behaviors.
· Facilitate and documentation of groups.
· Requires compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to provide clean and safe environment and prevent injury to patients, employees, or self.
· Knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
· Professionally interfaces with fellow employees, physicians, and patients on a continual basis.
· Professionally interfaces with external contacts establishing positive relationships with patients, families, and community agencies.
· Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patient’s conditions.
What You Will Need:
· Registered Nurse with Associates Degree.
· Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas
· A year of behavioral health experience.
· BLS Certification from the AHA.
The Registered Nurse plans, provides, and coordinates nursing practice with psychiatric patients in coordination with other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team. Performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served; coordinates, supervises and directs those providing care at a novice and advanced beginner level. Provides direct nursing care and supervision of patients including focused nursing assessments, patient education, medication administration, and documentation of care. The Registered Nurse is under the supervision of the Evening Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager. This care is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned. This position reports to the Nurse Manager.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Bedside Mobile Workstations (BMW), restraint /seclusion beds, chair and equipment, video-monitoring, computer, scanner, fax machine, copier, flipcharts, multi-line/feature telephone, DVD, printer, calculator, AED, EKG, vital sign machine, Pyxis, phlebotomy, and oxygen.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.