AdventHealth RN Cath Lab - FT Days in Killeen, Texas
Cath Lab Registered Nurse - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Understands and follows hospital policy related to clinical area
- Understands and follows TJC standards for clinical area
Get patients ready for scheduled procedure
- Drawing lab work
- Administering pre op medications as required
- Documenting pre op assessment in electronic medical record
Recover patients after scheduled procedure
Maintaining appropriate bed rest
- Obtaining and maintaining hemostasis
- Administering post op medications as required
- Providing discharge instructions
- Documenting post care in electronic medical record
Assist during the procedure as a circulator
Maintaining sterile field
- Opening packages to sterile field without compromising sterile field
- Opening correct equipment
Provide moderate sedation to patients during Cath Lab procedure
Ensure effective airway maintained by patient during procedure with the ability to intervene if needed
- Take call for emergency procedures with the understanding of on call arrival time requirements
- Provide follow up phone calls to patients
- Provide pre op telephone calls to patients
- Any other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Valid Texas RN licenseorRN license from state recognized by Texas Board of Nursing as equivalent
- BLS from the AHA
- Previous Cath Lab experience
- Previous critical care experience (Emergency Department, ICU, Paramedic)
The Registered Nurse(RN) acts as an essential team member in providing positive and effective care for Cardiac Cath Lab/Electrophysiology/ Interventional Radiology patients as well as Interventional Radiology patients. The RN participates in the everyday workings of the Cath Lab and provides direct patient care for Cath Lab patients in a critical care environment.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.