All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights
Shift : 2201 S Clear Creek RD, Killeen, 76549
The community you’ll be caring for:
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The role you’ll contribute:
AdventHealth System Department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 23-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Labor and Delivery and Nursery/Special Care Nursery.
AdventHealth System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the AdventHealth System RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assists with the care and stabilization of the newborn following delivery.
· Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation and stabilization.
· Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
· Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands. Documents band identification number appropriately in medical record.
· Demonstrates knowledge and provides support to natural mother, agencies, and foster or adoptive parents when newborn is for adoption.
· Demonstrates knowledge of individual role in Hospital infant abduction plan.
· Demonstrates proper documentation of all procedures, medications, communications and care provided to the neonatal patient
· Performs other related duties as directed or required which include but are not limited to:
· IV management in the neonate
· Lab collection
· Respiratory care and management
· Preparing delivery room for infant transition and care
· Medication administration
· Demonstrates and provides education and support to parents and family regarding infant care
· Communicates effectively with the neonatal care provider and families regarding plan of care
· Demonstrates adaptability
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed : ( Taleo )
Minimum qualifications :
· Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s Degree.
· BLS certification required
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within first 90 days of employment.
· Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN License from a NCLA Compact State
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23021128
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 2201 S CLEAR CREEK RD
Pay Range: $32.21 - $48.31
Location: Killeen, TX
Job ID: 23021128
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night