AdventHealth RN Newborn Nursery PRN Nights in Killeen, Texas
Registered Nurse – Nursery – PRN Nights
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists with the care and stabilization of the newborn following delivery.
- Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation and stabilization.
- Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
- Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands. Documents band identification number appropriately in medical record.
What You Will Need:
- Registered Nurse with bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN License from a NCLA Compact State
- BLS certification required
The AdventHealth Central Texas department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 22-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Labor and Delivery and Nursery/Special Care Nursery.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.