AdventHealth RN Newborn Nursery PRN in Killeen, Texas
RN Nursery PRN
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries. Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
· Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk obstetrical patients. Recognition of maternal and/or newborn problems are identified and reported to the physician.
· Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
· Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled surgical procedures.
What You Will Need:
· Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
· Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN License from a NCLA Compact State
· CPR required and /or specialty certification (NRP, ACLS) in the area of expertise required within first 90 days of employment.
· General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques used in the assessment, care and treatment of Couplet Care patients.
· General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications used in the care and treatment of Couplet Care patients
· Skill to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the department in an effective manner.
· Skill to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information.
The AdventHealth Central Texas department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 22-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Labor and Delivery and Nursery/Special Care Nursery.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.