AdventHealth RN Surgery FT Days in Killeen, Texas
RN Surgery - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care.
· Evaluate the patient’s progress toward attaining outcomes.
· Document nursing care accurately, completely, and legibly.
· Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
· Participate in the performance appraisal process.
Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
· Maintain required competencies.
· Pursue professional growth and participates in a professional organization.
· Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
· Any additional duties assigned that are in support of perioperative patient care.
What You Will Need:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Current registered nurse licensure in state of Texas.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the AHA.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the OR and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to function at a high level in a physically demanding, high-stress environment
· Demonstrated ability to work under stressful conditions
· Ability to work irregular hours including call hours
Licensure, Certification or Registration Preferred:
· Basic computer skills (eg, Microsoft® Word)
· Two years perioperative services experience
· Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, depending on patient population
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.