AdventHealth Sleep Lab Tech PRN Days in Killeen, Texas
Registered Sleep Lab Tech
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Polysomnography Testing: Performs simple and complex tests as required.
· Collects appropriate patient information and independently performs testing. Follows procedural protocols to ensure collection of appropriate test data.
· Follows "lights out" procedures to establish and documents baseline values (such as body position, oxy hemoglobin saturation and vital signs)
· Performs polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments as necessary.
· Documents routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
· Implements appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic interventions such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration)
· Follows "lights on" procedures to verify integrity of collected data and completes the data collection process such as questionnaire completion, etc.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· Participation in emergency situations.
· Displays thorough knowledge of equipment and accuracy in calibration, testing, and troubleshooting.
· Prepares and calibrate testing equipment to determine proper function and make adjustments as necessary.
· Applies electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
· Determines patient cooperation. Works with and coaches patient effectively.
· Performs appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments if necessary.
· Performs routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
· Assists with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines according to department needs
· Assists with scoring clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) with center specific protocols.
What You Will Need:
Completion of a program approved by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or a successor accrediting authority. Knowledge of polysomnographic principles, practices and clinical applications and ability to act quickly and competently in emergency situations.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
RPSGT credential from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technology
RST credential from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Extensive knowledge of clinical applications, principles, and practices of respiratory critical care and an ability to act quickly and competently in emergency situations.
The Polysomnographic Technologist performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis and completes associated interventions under the direction of the Medical Director of the Sleep Center.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.