AdventHealth Surgical Technician in Killeen, Texas
Surgical Tech - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
FT / Days
Ensures operating room is sterile
Conducts field preparation and maintenance
Conducts instrument counts prior to surgical procedures
Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients
Provides patients with supportive care during pre-operative phases
Collects and labels specimens obtained during surgical procedures
Maintains surgical instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instrument counts throughout procedures
Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
Up-to-date knowledge of surgical instruments and supplies in order to be able to hand surgeons the correct tools during surgeries
Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and local, state, and national laws
Ability to understand and process surgeon dictated instructions and directions
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
High School Diploma or GED Required
Two years of technical experience preferred
Associates Degree or Technical certificate/diploma in a related field preferred
BLS certification required
CST or CSFA from NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified, (NCCT), TS-C (NCCT), Accredited by NCCA
If LPN, must have current, valid State license as Licensed Professional Nurse
Two years of technical experience
Assists surgeons by preparing operating rooms and appropriately arranging surgical equipment and supplies
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.