AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Kissimmee
Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Full-time Inpatient opportunity located at AdventHealth Kissimmee
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patients, evaluation, and treatment of patients with GI related conditions primarily in the inpatient setting but also including some time in the clinic setting as needed.
• New patient consults, follow ups, pre/post procedural follow up, patient education
• Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus including but not limited to: Barrett’s Esophagus, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Colonoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, GERD, IDB, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Liver Disease, Upper GI Disorders
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as labs and imaging.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to other specialists, as needed
• Collaborating with physician supervisor to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all times
• Documenting in a timely and thorough manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday
• Call Coverage: one weekend per month
• Hospitals covered: AH Kissimmee and AH Celebration as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with a First Assist Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Kissimmee, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Kissimmee offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of specialties. Some of the area’s finest doctors and surgeons practice today’s most cutting-edge treatments and techniques at our esteemed Osceola County campus. There’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family. When it comes to health care, your loved ones deserve elite medical services, personalized attention and a warm, nurturing environment that fosters healing and recovery. Our new hospital expansion to 162 beds delivers all of this and more. We’ve transformed our hospital into a world-class destination for individualized comprehensive care just for you.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-kissimmee)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: KIS-A001-DHSI-GI-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.