AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Vascular Surgery Kissimmee & Celebration
Full Time opportunity for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the inpatient setting including, but not limited to: new patient consults, pre and post-operative visits, follow up visits – could evolve to an outpatient setting as well
• Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Disease, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc.
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
• Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the inpatient setting
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Team player
• Strong communication skills
• Campuses Covered: AdventHealth Celebration and AdventHealth Kissimmee
• Monday – Friday
• Primarily in-patient responsibilities could evolve into having outpatient responsibilities as well
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• Previous vascular experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• Certification through the ANCC, AANP (or equivalent certification body)
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Kissimmee, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Kissimmee offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of specialties. Some of the area’s finest doctors and surgeons practice today’s most cutting-edge treatments and techniques at our esteemed Osceola County campus. There’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family. When it comes to health care, your loved ones deserve elite medical services, personalized attention and a warm, nurturing environment that fosters healing and recovery. Our new hospital expansion to 162 beds delivers all of this and more. We’ve transformed our hospital into a world-class destination for individualized comprehensive care just for you.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-kissimmee)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: A241-KIS
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.