AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager Medical PCU 10k Sign on Bonus FT Days in Kissimmee, Florida
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 163 bed community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney World.
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties. At the heart of our latest expansion is a new, three-story tower featuring 80 expansive, private patient rooms and a host of modern amenities and technologies.
- Because we believe family support is an essential part of health and healing, we’ve included large, beautifully decorated family waiting areas with the comforts of home. Plus, each patient room includes ample space for visiting loved ones to relax, work and sleep.
- This facility houses a 40 plus bed Progressive Care Unit.
- The PCU team responds to the Rapid Response Team calls in a fast and efficient manner.
- Progressive Care serves all medical conditions and surgeries within a well-equipped and spacious unit featuring computerized documentation technology.
- Floating may be required between the ICU and PCU like units based on census.
- FT Days 7a-7p, Weekend Rotation Required
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
What Will You Need:
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.