AdventHealth Attendant Nutritional Services Various shifts Kissimmee Celebration in Kissimmee, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Attendant-Nutritional Services - AdventHealth - Kissimmee/Celebration
2450 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Kissimmee, FL 34744
400 Celebration Pl.
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Kissimmee/Celebration
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Work Hours/Shift: FT/ PT Must Have Open availabilty to be scheduled during the week and rotating weekends 12 hour shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Utilizes the computerized diet office application to guide and input patient menu selections to comply with the prescribed diet order. Utilizes knowledge of therapeutic diets. Suggests complementary menu items, condiments, and add-ons to comply with the diet order and improve patient satisfaction. Verifies and reads back menu selections. Maintains a record of patient preferences and pertinent information in the notes section of the patient’s account.
- Follows approved scripting during menu ordering and delivery. Utilizes bedside menu entry to record patient menu selections. Demonstrates competency in using an iPad for bedside menu entry process. Is flexible and adjusts to changes in the work environment, job duties, and policies & procedures. Maintains a positive attitude and willingly learns new skills and techniques. Demonstrates knowledge and competency with CBORD system (electronic diet office system), age specific considerations, patient diets, and allergies.
- Assembles trays per therapeutic diet guidelines and the established presentation standards. Ensures all patient food deliveries and retrievals are consistent with established timeframes, per department standard; checks trays for accuracy before delivery to patient. May assist with food prep and assembly as needed.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships between Nursing and the Nutritional Services Department. Maintains a positive, friendly, and courteous demeanor. Refers to standard operating procedure to escalate appropriate concerns to a supervisor, manager, or Registered Dietitian. Communicates effectively. Speaks clearly and professionally. Uses correct grammar.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Ability to communicate with customers, in person and over the phone, professionally and efficiently
- Ability to handle customer interactions in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use common software applications and hardware (e.g., iPad, ToughBook)
- Two years of customer service experience
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Associate degree in management, liberal arts, food and nutrition or business
The Attendant – Nutritional Services, under close supervision, serves patients of diverse ages, cultures, and backgrounds by taking menu orders in person and over the phone, utilizing a computerized diet office application and basic knowledge of therapeutic diets. Assembles tray and tray items and delivers food to patients. Builds and maintains strong relationships with Nursing and provides excellent customer service to patients and their families. Complies with AdventHealth, Nutritional Services (NS), and regulatory standards. Participates in department process improvement efforts. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.