AdventHealth Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech CMU Kissimmee Full-Time Day in Kissimmee, Florida
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
- Full Time/Day 3/12's 7a-7p including every other weekend
- Identifies, prioritizes and transcribes all types of physician orders by completing the patient Kardex, proper care map, making out necessary requisitions.
- Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart forms, computer and electronic record.
- Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area upon medication arrival to the floor.
- Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission, transfer and discharge.
- Posts pertinent patient data timely.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations
- Interacts with patients appropriate to age, acuity and culture.
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Course
- OR recent hospital experience or similar experience as a Health Unit Coordinator; such as medical office or outpatient clinic.
- OR degrees or certification in: Biomedical Science, Health Education, Healthcare Administration, Integrated Health Science, Psychology, Sociology, Completed 1st clinical semester of nursing program, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- NAHUC Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.