AdventHealth Medical Technologist FT Nights in Kissimmee, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Medical Laboratory Technologist - AdventHealth – Kissimmee
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Kissimmee
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to AdventHealth procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with AdventHealth procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus assignment.
- Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory testing, procedures and processes performed in department or work area assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
- Ability to read text and numbers in English, and to comprehend, measure, reason, match, and problem solve under supervision. Ability to apply accurately learned computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term, OR
- Four years post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
- One-year analytical, technical experience in Clinical Laboratory setting, OR
- Completion of a clinical internship in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent program
- Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term
- Licensed by State of Florida as Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in assigned department specialties, or all 6 areas (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, Molecular Pathology).
The Medical Laboratory Technologists performs various laboratory testing procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other human biological specimens. Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.