Nuclear Medicine Technologist at AdventHealth Kissimmee Florida
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Parental Leave
· Pet Insurance
· Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program & Debt-free Education
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Kissimmee – 2450 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Schedule: Part time
Shift : Satruday to Monday - Days
Eligible shifts qualify for weekend shift differential, 2** nd shift differential & 3 rd **shift differential
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 242-bed community-focused hospital. Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
The team is here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded our existing tower by 3-floors and 80-beds, including new ancillary spaces such as Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under supervision, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures in the utilization of radionuclides for the diagnosis and treatment of disease in humans. Assumes a variety of responsibilities that will require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Authorized and delivers quality care to patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
· Identifies patients by using Florida Hospital’s approved guidelines to confirm patient/exam accuracy before continuing with patient examination. Reviews and ensures physician request meets clinically valid exam indicator requirements. Prepares appropriate radionuclide for procedure, explains procedure to patient, and aseptically administers radionuclide using universal BSI principles. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Ensuring that equipment has met all quality control requirements and working with a minimum of supervision, performs patient examination utilizing age-specific care techniques (see competencies) in a safe and responsible manner, and evaluates image quality to insure good technical and diagnostic detail. [Image Quality and Documentation]
· Presents completed exam and any patient historical data to radiologist/cardiologist for review. Assists with image manipulation or additional imaging as requested. Assists patient with dressing, answering any questions the patient may have regarding their exam and expectations of results, and releases patient with directions to exit the hospital if needed. [ Personal Productivity and Accountability ]
· Performs a wide range of Nuclear Medicine procedures demonstrating proficiency with camera acquisition and computer processing in assigned area. Learns and adapts to new technology and helps develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [ Clinical Competence ]
· Maintains room in ready status by keeping room neat, supplies well stocked and equipment prepared for next patient. Initiates and documents work order requests for any equipment that is not functioning properly. [ Safety and the Environment of Care ]
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
· Current valid State of Florida license as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
· Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CMNT) OR American Registration of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-N)
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Kissimmee
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038226
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $31.25 - $46.88
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Job ID: 23038226
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day