AdventHealth Nutrition Associate Various shifts Kissimmee Celebration in Kissimmee, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Nutrition Associate - AdventHealth - Kissimmee/Celebration
2450 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Kissimmee, FL 34744
400 Celebration Pl.
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Kissimmee/Celebration
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Conveniently located near Walt Disney WorldThe team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange CountiesAdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entranceEstablished in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospitalAdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, FloridaThe hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Work Hours/Shift: FT/ PT - AM/PM Must Have Open availabilty to be scheduled during the week and rotating weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
Prepares/assembles hot/cold food (salads, sandwiches, desserts) and nourishments for trayline, patients, and retail areas of responsibility. Follows recipes/instructions to ensure product accuracy, correct portions, and appropriate garnishes.
May work all positions on the trayline or retail areas. May assemble trays per therapeutic diet guidelines, the direction of the CBORD application, and the established presentation standards; may set up and display items in retail areas according to established standards.
Safety & Sanitation
Ensures that work area, storeroom, and walk-in/freezer are clean, neat, and reflects FIFO method of product rotation. Monitors and records assigned refrigerator, freezer, and food temps daily. Wears appropriate hair covering in production/prep areas and maintains hand hygiene standards.
Attends mandatory education and in-services. Completes required logs and documentation. Accepts the direction of leadership. Meets established department standards and expectations for service and productivity. Follows AdventHealth and NS policies and standard operating procedures. Conforms to image standards and approved uniform, including AdventHealth ID badge.
May deliver patient meal trays to meet time standard for delivery of meals; may prepare and set up food items for retail service. Exhibits professional behavior and outstanding customer service skills. May prepare and deliver bulk nourishment orders to nursing units.
May perform duties in the dish room, including operating the dish machine and cart washing equipment. Must demonstrate proper use of all chemicals. Breaks down and discards boxes appropriately. Requests work orders for equipment or environment that requires repair.
What You Will Need:
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to display positive and supportive attitude toward diverse employees
- Creative, innovative, and receptive to change
- Ability to observe, listen, and follow directions
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare food service experience
The Nutrition Associate is a generalist who may function in all areas of Nutritional Services: the patient services area, retail, and utility, performing food prep, tray/food assembly/delivery, sanitation duties, and documentation. Communicates with area leaders regarding issues which might affect service, quality, and productivity. Handle products and equipment to prevent contamination and loss. Follows AdventHealth and NS policies and SOPs, including NS Image Standards. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.