AdventHealth Patient Care Tech II Multiple Shifts Multiple Departments KISSIMMEE in Kissimmee, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Patient Care Technician II - AdventHealth - Kissimmee
2450 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. It’s also a promise to treat each person in ways that bring our service standards –Love Me, Keep Me Safe, Own It, Make it Easy – to life. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by helping us Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
Work Hours/Shift: Various Shifts FT/PT - AM /PM May require rotating weekends & holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
What You Will Need:
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, Certified Patient Care Technician OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Florida RN license
- Cost centers 6290 and 6470: Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Paramedic/EMT certification, OR Florida RN license
- BLS certification
- Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
- Must be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy
Cost centers 6290 and 6470: Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Paramedic/EMT certification, OR Florida RN licenseBLS certificationNursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon reviewMust be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy
- High school graduate
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.