AdventHealth Patient Care Tech II - Surgical Unit - Kissimmee FT Days in Kissimmee, Florida
2400 North Orange Blossom Trail, Suite 100-A Kissimmee, Florida 34744
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Kissimmee
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 163-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, 36/hrs per week, 7am- 7pm,
Every other Weekend and Holidays
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
What You Will Need:
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Florida RN license
- Cost centers 6290 and 6470: Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, ORCertified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Paramedic/EMT certification, OR Florida RN license
- BLS certification
- Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
- Must be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy
- High school graduate
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.