AdventHealth Registered Nurse IV Therapist I PRN - Kissimmee in Kissimmee, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth LOCATION
- Performs properly, legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Performs venous access related procedures within the scope of practice of the RN licensure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Interprets and verifies physician orders, investigates questionable situations.
- Demonstrates continuous competency in the specific procedures related to venous access and infusion therapy.
- Obtains patient assessment, evaluating diagnosis, previous medical history, existing infusion related complications, and ordered therapy as relates to current venous access consult.
- Identifies individualized plan of care based on patients’ needs related to both infusion therapy and the venous access consult and intervenes appropriately. Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with assessment.
- Graduate from a School of Nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- VA-BC (Venous Access-Board Certified) (Preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Venous Access RN is a registered professional nurse validated as a Vascular Access Specialist, who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total vascular access care to all age groups as identified in the direct care responsibilities. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating), in achieving the goals of the Venous Access Services department. Communicates with Department Supervisor, Clinical Specialist or Educator as needed to enhance excellence in the delivery of patient care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.