AdventHealth Social Worker MSW PT Days in Kissimmee, Florida
Location Address: 2450 N Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Kissimmee:
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is an 83-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
- Coordinates with the RN Case Managers for post-discharge arrangements and advocates for the patient in obtaining and negotiating resources to meet patient needs, as necessary.
- Interviews patients/families to complete a thorough and timely psycho-social assessment and to evaluate current support systems available to the patient and family.
- Completes assessments, per department standards, based upon information from multiple sources including the patient, family, nursing staff and physician as well as information discussed in multi-disciplinary rounds. Documented assessments confirm an understanding of the patient’s functional status and psycho-social needs.
- Collaborates with the RN Case Manager to address barriers that may impact or delay the patient’s discharge plan.
- Prepares for and participates in multi-disciplinary rounds on assigned nursing unit for the purpose of updating the team on the discharge plan/needs and to identify potential social work referrals. Appropriately prioritizes cases according to assessed needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Social Work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Acute care hospital experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Current valid State of Florida LCSW
- Case Management certification highly desirable - ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (certified Case Manager)
Under the general supervision of the Director and/or Manager, in collaboration with the RN Case Manager, works with the patient/family, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies. The Social Worker-MSW ensures the patient’s progress along the continuum in an efficient and cost–effective manner. Utilizes expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psycho-social, environmental, spiritual and financial factors to create a sound discharge plan to ensure proper patient placement across the healthcare continuum and to maximize capacity. Utilizes psychosocial assessment skills and crisis intervention techniques to expedite and support healthcare team’s work with patient/ family. The Social Worker-MSW, in collaboration with the RN Case Manager, is responsible for identifying and initiating the most efficient discharge plan to expedite the patient transition to the next appropriate level of care and to reduce length of stay. This position is the organization’s expert in assessing and managing the patient’s psycho-social needs. The Social Worker-MSW educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.