AdventHealth Clinic Office Asst/Scanner Physician Office FT Days AdventHealth Medical Group Ocala in Lady Lake, Florida
Clinic Office Asst/Scanner Physician Office FT Days AdventHealth Medical Group Ocala
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Greets and directs patients in friendly, welcoming and timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures in order to assist patients appropriately.
- Answers the telephone and handles calls in a timely and friendly manner including appropriate documentation of the call.
- Consistently responds to patient requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Collects required documents such as insurance cards & photo id's for encounter.
- Schedules and Confirms patient appointments prior to the appointment date to ensure low no-show rate as needed.
- Obtains appropriate medical records and patient information to support patient care needs and Distributes documentation within the AMR accurately and timely.
- Obtains insurance authorizations and verifies coverage prior to the patient's appointments, notifies the patient of the current status.
- Collects copays, deposits, deductibles, prior balances, coinsurance, and self-pay payments at the time of service per department policy.
- Establishes patient payment plans as required by department policy.
- Processes patient referrals accurately and timely.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- HIPPA Compliance
Provides quality customer service to patients of AdventHealth Medical Group’s Physician offices by providing administrative and front office support. Provides quality customer service to patients and internal staff by scheduling clinical patient appointments, verifying insurance coverage as well as obtaining authorizations, processing referrals and facilitates the coordination of documentation for coding and billing while performing various administrative tasks simultaneously.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.