All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day shift
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Lake Placid
· Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
· Largest Employer in the County
· Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
· Close knit community with a home town family feel
· 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
The role you’ll contribute:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position requires substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences.
Performs the job expectations of the Registered Nurse in his / her assigned care area.
· (P) Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
· (P) Effectively follows the chain of command to escalate issues unable to be resolved at the unit level.
· (P) Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
· (P) Directs and coordinates the activities of nursing personnel on the designated shift overseeing staff and patient care
· (T) Assures staff performs real time documentation including review of task lists at least every two hours and prompt initiation and signs off of physician’s orders.
· (P) Advises the nurse about appropriateness of calling the physician
· (T) Assists staff in using the electronic quality management tools to evaluate a patient’s current treatment plan to ensure quality outcomes based on established indicators.
· (T) Uses chart audit reports to monitor adherence with documentation guidelines and assists staff to achieve documentation goals.
· (S) Provides support and information to appropriate member of the interdisciplinary team when problems arise with families, physicians, or other caregivers, utilizing the proper chain of command.
· (P) Serves as a role model for staff by collaboratively working with the staff and physicians.
· (P) Coordinates orientation of newly assigned staff with preceptor. Facilitates clinical experiences to meet orienting employee needs.
· (T) Participates in development and review of departmental policy/procedures and recommend revision.
· (T) Participates in employee appraisal program.
· (P) Acts in behalf of Nurse Manager when necessary.
· (P) Effective bed management
· (P) Staff assignments
· (P) Communicating effectively with key stakeholders including affected physicians, House Supervisors and departments
· (T) Participates in daily Case Management Discharge Huddles
· (S) Coordinates Nurse / Physician rounding
· (P) Assesses patients for appropriateness of level of care designation and facilitating movement when indicated
· (S) Assists in data collection for process improvement projects including restraints.
· (T) Participates in staff meetings and supervisory meetings.
· (P) Assesses staffing to ensure compliance with unit staffing matrix and patient acuity.
· (P) Conducts daily staff huddles for information exchange
· (T) Prepares appropriate written documentation on problems regarding staff
· (P) Keeps manager/director informed of any immediate concerns between physicians/staff/patients
· (P) Assigns mealtimes for nursing staff, delegates during times with direct patient care responsibility/assignment
· (T) Coordinates development/implementation/evaluation of department specific education and assess the effectiveness of training
· (P) Keeps staff informed of new policies/procedure changes and unit issues
· Other Duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Mental and emotional stability, demonstrating a courteous and calm approach to all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
· Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
· Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, empathy, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
· Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
· Critical thinking / problem solving skills
· Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
· Organization, multitasking and prioritization skills
· Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
· Accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
· Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills, and a professional bedside manner
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
· Minimum of One (1) year experience in area of assignment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
BSN or MSN
Previous Charge RN/Leadership experience
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in area of assignment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida RN License
· BLS – condition of employment
· ACLS within 12 months of employment or transfer
· PALS within 12 months of employment or transfer
· NRP within 12 months of employment or transfer for Lake Placid & Wauchula campuses
· CPI within 12 months of employment or transfer
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23032152
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 1210 US HIGHWAY 27 N
Pay Range: $33.33 - $50
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Job ID: 23032152
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day