AdventHealth Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit in Lake Placid, Florida
Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit
Registered Nurse AdventHealth Sebring
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Sebring:
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Evaluates staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations, and organizational criteria.
- Provides effective fiscal management of the department.
- Identifies, develops, and implements performance improvement activities to enhance the delivery of patient care.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and serves as a role model for staff.
- Develops, proposes, and implements goals and plans for patient care area
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing within 3 years
- Two (2) years of leadership experience
- Communication and motivation skills
- Knowledgeable of patient service line
- Mental and emotional stability, demonstrating a courteous and calm approach to all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
- Accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills, multi-tasking, and a professional bedside manner
- Knowledgeable in assigned areas of patient care including health promotion and maintenance
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment
- ACLS prior to or within 90 days of employment or transfer (with the exception of SBCU)
- Restraint Management Training, Face to Face within 90 days of employment
- Crisis Management within 90 days of hire (Only required for SBCU Manager)
The manager is responsible to the DON (and Administration if applicable) in the planning, organizing, developing and directing day to day operations within regulatory guidelines, in accordance with the Hospital’s mission, Physician’s, and patient’s expectations. Develop and monitor the clinical integrity of their assigned program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.