AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking to employ an Associate Chief Medical Officer to join our executive team at AdventHealth Lake Wales in Lake Wales, Florida . This position is a .4 FTE.
The Associate CMO is responsible for assisting the Heart of Florida and Lake Wales CMO in improving clinical outcomes for internally tracked performance improvement data and publicly reported outcomes at AdventHealth Lake Wales. The Associate CMO assists the CMO in performance improvement, risk management, continuing medical education, medical staff office, medical school affiliation(s) and residency programs. The Associate CMO serves as physician advisor to the Case Management staff and serves as physician liaison to promote appropriate utilization of resources by the medical staff. Performance improvement efforts will result in improved service for patients, medical staff members and lower cost.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads in the continuing adoption of evidence-based medicine by the medical staff and the protocols that come with evidence-based model approach.
• Provides counsel and physician perspective at senior leadership discussions and action plans related to business growth, service expansions/changes, improvements, new service offerings inclusive of all operational and strategy decisions.
• Serves as a clinical leader to the hospital’s medical staff providing guidance in case management, appropriate levels of care for patients, efficient utilization of resources, and enforcing compliance with laws and organizational policies.
• Utilizes performance improvement measurements to continually implement practice/protocols that enhance clinical quality standards and to establish the hospital’s standing at the top of publicly reported measures.
• Works with the medical staff and applicable departments or leaders to provide cost effective solutions for various medical equipment without compromising patient safety.
• Works with medical staff to obtain appropriate documentation and assist case management with clinical interpretation necessary to ensure appropriate payment for services rendered are received and third-party payer denials are minimized.
• Facilitates, coordinates, and oversees the expansion of the hospital into long-term, profitable and clinically beneficial relationships with medical schools while developing and overseeing applicable residency program(s).
• Continually enhances medical knowledge through a regular program of reading, research, seminar attendance, and active membership in professional associations.
• Actively leads in physician recruitment and retention strategies and activities.
• Completes annual quantifiable review of the service provided by each executive contract in place with the hospital for the board quality committee.
• Oversee the medical staff office function insomuch that data necessary for the medical staff and board are prepared to make decisions relative to privileges and credentials.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Meets AHS mission-related qualifications for senior executive leadership, second tier, as specified in Corporate Executive policy (CEX114 as approved).
• Strong medical background and knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement, and risk management.
• Experienced and demonstrated success in leading case management, disease management, and/or population health programs.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including professional correspondences and the ability to clearly and concisely convey information and ideas to individuals or groups in an engaging manner.
• Strategic vision and thinking. Ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands.
• Strong business acumen, intelligence, and capacity; able to think strategically and measure and drive results.
• Approaches work as an interconnected system. Ability to understand major objectives and break them down into meaningful action steps.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
• Five years professional, post-residency experience in direct patient care
• One-three years in an executive leadership role within a small to medium integrated health system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master’s Degree in Health or Business Administration
• Five (5) years in a medical staff leadership role within a medium to large integrated health system
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state where facility located
• Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in respective specialty.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Req ID: JID377031711718
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Pay Range: -
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Job ID: JID_3770317_11718
Job Family: Physician Services