AdventHealth EMT II Emergency Department PRN Days in Lake Wales, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
ED Tech II PRN – Emergency Department – AdventHealth Lake Wales
Location Address: 410 S 11thSt, Lake Wales, FL
Work Hours/Shift: PRN, Scheduled days and hours may vary
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth:
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination.
- Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Helps in completing supply and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Refuels as per department protocol. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
- Works as a team while transporting, assisting in patient management and able to effectively communicate information to other health care members.
- Performs EMT skills in both emergency and non-emergent conditions. Able to assess and perform BLS on all age groups.
- Ensures patient documentation is accurate, complete and is in compliance at all times.
- Understands and appropriately uses equipment/systems in the department to include but not limited to the Right Cad, EPCR, Cerner, monitors and stretchers.
What You Will Need:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Graduated from a EMT program
- Valid State of Florida license, Department of Health, as an EMT
- Valid Class E State of Florida Driver’s License, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with FH policy.
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehichle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training is required within 30 days of employment
- Associates of Science in health-related field (Preferred)
- 1 year experience emergency vehicle operations (Preferred)
- Ambulance transport experience (Preferred)
Under general supervision the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), is an allied health care team member who is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The EMT shall control. Working as a team member during transport, the EMT shall assist in the delivery of patient care. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Lake Wales
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.