AdventHealth Food Service Worker I PRN Lake Wales in Lake Wales, Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- PRN - Must Have OPEN availibilty for rotating weekends,weekdays as needed. 8-12 hour shifts 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Food Preparation - Prepares/assembles hot/cold food (salads, sandwiches, fillings, and bakery) in Food Production Center for delivery to site partners. Accurately segregates product according to CBORD requisitions per campus and routes to appropriate locations. Follows recipes/instructions to ensure product accuracy, including weighing/measuring ingredients.
- Quality - Ensures that all products meet quality standards for taste, appearance, and freshness. Notifies appropriate personnel if finished item does not meet standard and follows through to resolution.
- Safety & Sanitation - Ensures compliance in that work area/station is clean/orderly, and neat/well organized; wears hairnet / beard cover in production/prep areas and maintains hand hygiene standards. Understands and complies with HACCP, FDA Food Code, and in-house safety and sanitation guidelines. Maintains area according to posted cleaning schedules and signs off with Supervisor when completed.
- Communication - Communicates status of work progress to supervisor; alerts supervisor when equipment, product, requisition, quality or accuracy issues arise. Addresses poor quality from distributors with supervisor. Communicates need for specific food items and supplies in timely manner to avoid delays in preparation and service.
- 2 year experience in institutional food preparation
- Experience in high volume food service production (Preferred)
- Safe Staff or ServSafe Certification (Preferred)
- Bilingual – English required/Spanish (Preferred)
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Responsible for quantity food preparation in the Food Production Center (FPC) according to recipe specifications and procedures; products meet standards of quality, taste, appearance, and freshness. Meets production deadlines, demonstrates cost conscious behaviors, and initiates advance prep as appropriate. Communicates with supervisor and co-workers. Adheres to FDA Food Code standards for food handling and storage. Maintains clean work area and restocks as needed throughout shift. Monitors and records product temperatures and holding times to ensure compliance with HACCP guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.