AdventHealth Infection Prevention Coordinator in Lake Wales, Florida
Infection Prevention Coordinator - AdventHealth - Lake Wales
Location Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
- As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
- M-F 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develop, coordinate, and administer facility-wide systems based on CDC recommendations and all regulatory regulations related to Infection Prevention.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest CDS, CMS, Joint Commission, OSHA, and other state regulatory requirements.
- Ability to observe health care processes and environmental conditions, compare those to best practices and identify gaps, document and present individual and aggregate findings, create collaborative improvement plans, and provide follow-up auditing to ensure successful completion of those plans.
- Works in collaboration with hospital units to ensure policies, procedures and data submission meets hospital and regulatory standards.
- Educates personnel on Infection Prevention processes.
- Ability to interact cooperatively and respectfully with IP team members and clinical partners
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What You Will Need:
- Registered Nurse
- Current active licensure in the state of Florida.
- CIC certification (preferred)
- Minimum of two years of experience in health care as an Infection Preventionist (preferred)
The Infection Prevention (IP) Coordinator supports the Infection Prevention department by coordinating multiple reporting and auditing functions including mandatory Department of Health reportable diseases; microorganisms, enhanced environmental and process audits and others as assigned by the Executive Director / Quality and / or the Infection Prevention Manager. The IP Coordinator summarizes audit and reporting data for the purpose of presentation to stakeholders and for performance improvement monitoring. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. IP coordinator is actively involved in surveillance throughout the facilities for meeting regulatory
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.