All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Cover Variable Shifts
Location: 410 S 11 th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Lake Wales
AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under Supervision the Radiologic Technologist fulfills the responsibilities necessary in the use of ionizing radiation to produce quality radiographic images. These responsibilities involve participation in a variety of diagnostic technical procedures which deliver quality care to patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric. For pain medicine cost centers (2600, 9090, 9270, and 2840) and for Orlando Fracture care (6801) the technologist may perform duties delegated by the RN to assist with patient care and patient flow throughout the department. For 7217 technologists may perform the duties of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Reviews all images on Computed Radiography NX station for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation. Repeats any view that fails to include all required anatomical structures or lacks proper contrast and spatial resolution. Adheres to all criteria on the Image Quality Action Plan.
· Completes assigned exams in a timely manner. Keeps work flow coordinator informed of availability and status of all pending exams. Personally follows through with communicating clinical information.
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at NX before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS.
· Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Properly wears Dosimetry badge and seeks to minimize radiation exposure. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
· ARRT (R)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Lake Wales
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23034418
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 410 SOUTH 11TH STREET-
Pay Range: $30.505 - $30.505
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Job ID: 23034418
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day