AdventHealth Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Manager FT Days in Lake Wales, Florida
Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Manager FT Days AdventHealth Heart of Florida
Location Address: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Walt Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year round
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Manages, develops and coaches the CDS team, motivating and supporting others in overcoming barriers to understanding.
- Accountable for CDMP success, including appropriate Case Mix Index. Provides strategic oversight of CDMP, helps develop a collaborative team, and manages multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Provides ongoing feedback to CDMP team, physicians, administration and Steering Committee from reports created from CDMPTrak.
- Disseminates CDMPTrak reports to CDMP team members and formulates action plans based upon CDMPTrak results. Tracks program successes and ongoing opportunities for improvement.
- Manages the Process Flow Map and develops strategies that address resistance to the CDMP.
- Performs staff evaluations, promoting longevity of program, providing feedback and conflict resolution to CDMP team.
- Works in conjunction with Coding Liaison and CDI Director to provide in-services and continuing education to the CDS team, physicians and clinical departments, providing highly complex information to audiences with a varied level of understanding of severity of illness and risk of mortality in an effort to ensure optimal reimbursement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and authoritative resource on interpretation and application of CDMP. Assumes personal responsibility for professional growth, development and continuing education to maintain a high level of proficiency.
- Serves as support for the Clinical Documentation Improvement Director providing backup as necessary. Participates in job interviewing, assessment and selection of new employees. Maintains positive morale maintenance with clinical documentation improvement and contributes to and promotes departmental performance improvement initiatives and employee engagement. Maintains confidentiality of employees’, patients’, and administrative and medical staff’s information with no infractions and performs other duties as assigned.
- Uses critical thinking and sound judgment in decision making keeping reimbursement considerations in balance with regulatory compliance.
What Will You Need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong critical-thinking/problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
- Flexibility in prioritization
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to motivate employees to attain program and organizational goals
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of DRG assignments and metrics associated with the CDMP Program.
- Understanding of coding guidelines for billing purposes
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Cerner , Iodine, Epic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN, MSN
- One year of experience using CDMP Guide
- One year of coding experience
- One year of clinical documentation experience
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse OR
- Current active State of Florida license as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or MD
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- RN, CCDS
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.