AdventHealth Registered Nurse Risk Manager FT Days in Lake Wales, Florida
Location Address: 410 South 11th St. Lake Wales, FL 33853
- AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
- As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- Lake Wales is located in Central Florida in between Orlando and Tampa, and is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
- Full Time Days- M-F 8a-5p
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The position is respof9f9nsible for the overseeing the risk management program and assigned patient safety programs for the facility. This position is responsible for working in collaboration with the Chief Quality Officer in Patient Safety Organization, ensuring adherence to all federal regulations, medical staff bylaws and hospital policies. The position will report real and potential risk events in collaboration with Chief Quality Officer to the hospital Board of Directors or other governing body of the facility, administration, medical staff, hospital departments and committees as appropriate and as required by law. This position or their designee will systematically investigate all incidents/accidents/events that could lead to financial loss, this includes events related to general and professional liability, or as required by statute.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer facility-wide systems for risk identification, investigation, and reduction. Assess all risks within the facility to include business risks, operational risks and clinical risk based on knowledge of national and state regulatory and accreditation standards and/or licensing requirements. Assess, develop, implement, and maintain educational risk management and loss control and/or quality of care programs for all personnel, including the facility’s Board of Directors on identified issues and any other related activities as statutorily required.
- Maintain working knowledge of CMS, Joint Commission or other national and/or federal standards such as required reporting of quality of care issues, Sentinel Events, corporate compliance related issues and any other requirements that directly impact the continued operation of the facility/entity. Ensures compliance with patient safety and risk management related standards by Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory entities, and participating in the clinical quality and safety efforts of the facility
- Works in collaboration with the Chief Quality Officer to ensure policies, procedures and data submission meets hospital and regulatory standards.
- Works in collaboration with medical staff leaders to ensure quality of care concerns are reviewed in adherence with medical staff bylaws and hospital policy.
- Receive and investigate reports of any serious event involving actual or potential injury to patients or visitors to assess liability and probability of legal action, including review of patient complaints that may be perceived as potential liability claims or litigious activities. Identify, investigate, and report on Joint Commission Sentinel Events and facilitate the Root Cause Analysis process as described in the Improving Organization Performance (PI) chapter in the most current published Joint Commission standards. Participate directly in the facility process for Disclosure of Unanticipated Outcomes.
- Coordinate and/or maintain the risk management implementation of on-line incident reporting into the AHS RiskMaster information system. Responsible for ensuring responses are received for risk events and routinely submitted to the Patient Safety Organization per policy. Responsible for training facility/entity staff to use the RiskMaster web-submission report form for event/incident reporting into the AHS RiskMaster database.
- Work in collaboration with the Corporate Risk Management as the facility liaison with AHS Claims Management and assigned defense counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the facility; collect necessary information to assist with defense of claims including timely forwarding pre-suit notifications, summons and complaints to AHS Claims Management. Assist AHS Risk Management with facility-specific information and data queries necessary for renewal and placement of professional liability, general liability, workers’ compensation, motor vehicle, property, executive risk and other insurance coverages.
- Develops, maintains and updates risk management policy and procedures.
- Process and resolve formal patient grievances as defined by all applicable federal, state, and hospital accreditation regulations and/or standards.
- Quality and patient safety designee when leader is out of the hospital or needs additional support.
- Provides oversight of quality and safety committees, Clinical Improvement and Education team members,
- Able to act independently and demonstrate strong leadership, organizational skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to provide conflict resolution and fair negotiation skills when dealing with customers.
- Proficient in policy development and initiates programs and processes to ensure patient safety through risk/harm program reduction.
- Proficiency in preparing and presenting professional presentations is required.
- Advanced knowledge of communication skills to effectively investigate risk concerns. (Preferred)
- RN Nursing Degree
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in health-related field
- Minimum of five years’ healthcare experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in health care risk management or equivalent preferred. (Preferred)
- Current RN State Licensure
- Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.