AdventHealth Ultrasound Tech PRN - Heart of Florida in Lake Wales, Florida
Location Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- PRN (Shift Information)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Always follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam.
- Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or IMPAX (PACS) and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/ Educator.
- Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Demonstrates ability to coordinate acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager and Lead Sonographer. All FT and PT dayshift/weekday employees must participate in the System back up call rotation.
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS when needed. Notifies Radiologist Facilitator (RF) and transmits required worksheet and requisition for all after-hours cases. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the Ultrasound department.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- A minimum of the following two American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) specialty examinations:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Abdomen (AB) AND
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field (Preferred)
Under general supervision performs General Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Lake Wales
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.