AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant - Lampasas in Lampasas, Texas
Certified Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Health Clinics
Location Address: 187 PR 4060, Lampasas, TX 76550
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Health Clinics, Lampasas, TX
- Part of AdventHealth to provide network of high-quality healthcare. Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Lampasas is northern gateway to the Texas Hill Country. 30 minutes from Fort Hood and about an hour out of the state capital, Austin.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time - Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Perform clerical duties for physician clinic: Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner, take messages in the EHR system and task to proper Care Team Member, welcoming patients to the clinic, checking patients in, verifying insurance and referrals and preparing patient intakes.
Schedule new and follow-up appointments
Communicate appropriately and clearly to patients, co-workers, office manager, physicians and administration.
Understand the process of insurance verification, referrals, authorizations and when they are needed.
Perform all parts of patient care as a Medical Assistant.
Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
High School diploma or equivalent
Completion of Medical Assisting Training/courses
Medical Assistant Certification, BLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
The Certified Medical Assistant works closely with physicians to treat patients and ensure patients are provided quality patient care. Flexible to work in other areas of the physician group as needed and can work with multiple host systems. Works under supervision of Office Manager and assists Physician with clinic needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.