AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant - Lampasas in Lampasas, Texas
Certified Medical Assistant – Family Medicine - AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Health Clinics
Location Address: 187 PR 4060, Lampasas, TX 76550
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Health Clinics, Lampasas, TX
- Part of AdventHealth to provide network of high-quality healthcare. Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Lampasas is northern gateway to the Texas Hill Country. 30 minutes from Fort Hood and about an hour out of the state capital, Austin.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time - Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean and fully supplied.
Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments, entering provider orders and completing job, school, sports, and FAA physical forms.
Take and record patient height, weight, body mass index, and blood pressure for every visit and temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, and oxygen saturation as indicated. Obtain pertinent patient history information.
Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians’ instructions to patients.
Administer injections and immunizations.
Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
Embrace and embody the mission, vision, values, and strategic plan of FMC
Responds professionally and effectively to questions from external sources (patients & health plan reps), & internal sources (providers & clinic staff)
Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
High school diploma or GED
Certified Medical Assistant certification
2 years MA in a primary care practice preferred.
Current BLS certification. American Heart Association preferred.
Above all is a Patient Advocate with Excellent Customer Service Skills. Promotes Positive Team Culture and Team Work. Ensures that Meaningful Use and other Practice Quality Measures are achieved. Acts like an Owner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.