AdventHealth Phlebotomist Lampasas in Lampasas, Texas
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
- Receiving specimens correctly in patients electronic medical record.
- Sorting collection requests correctly according to time and date of collection.
- Receiving surgical specimens correctly and determining the proper type and quantity of preservative.
- Distributing specimens and barcode labels correctly to the various departments within the laboratory
- while wearing proper attire handling all specimens.
- Notifies Phlebotomy supervisor of complications or delays in processing specimens.
- Resolves collection failures by using CERNER to research orders and collection times.
- Prints a pending list and resolves any outstanding collection issues for oncoming shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Experience as a phlebotomist in a Hospital setting preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Mathematical, verbal and written skills at the high school level.
- 1 year experience preferred but not required.
- New phlebotomy graduate students can apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.