AdventHealth Case Management Registered Nurse PRN Days in Land O' Lakes, Florida
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
- SERVICE: Patient satisfaction scores meet organizational goals, HCAHPS Discharge Planning question percentile target score. Strive to provide excellence in service to hospital staff, patients and families. Consistently utilize 5 fundamentals of AIDET Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank you. Committed to working as a team to improve Employee satisfaction and engagement scores.
- PESONNEL: Demonstrate care for one another and respect for each person’s unique contributions, provides utilization review care that is non-judgmental and non-discriminatory. Demonstrates respect for human dignity and self-worth. Respects patient privacy, confidentiality, and dignity by adherence to all HIPAA regulations. Maintains a professional appearance and manner.
- FINANCE: Consider factors related to patient safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Case Management services. Strives to reduce Medicare and ALOS below established benchmarks. Assess appropriateness of setting as indicated for medical necessity according to the approved InterQual ISD criteria. Initial and concurrent clinical reviews contain needed elements to sufficiently support. Utilizes InterQual®ISD & or Milliman criteria to ensure appropriate level of care settings. Passes Annual Inter-Rater reliability testing for InterQual®. Inpatient, Observation or Outpatient in a bed admission status.
- OUTCOMES: Introduces self to patient/family within 24 to 48 hours of identification of high risk criteria or referral for specified populations and explain CM role. Complete discharge planning screening tool within 24 to 48 hours for patients with high risk criteria, and cases received by referral. Provide Parent/Patient/ Guardian/ Significant Other with discharge planning education/instruction based on assessed education level, barriers to learning and learning preferences to assure a positive discharge outcome. Strives to reduce the Medicare & ALOS to below established benchmarks. Strives to reduce the number of observation cases and the number of hours patients remain in observation status. Ensures appropriate referral of cases to EHR for second level review.
- GROWTH: Identifies and updates current information on community resources. Maintains knowledge of current managed care contracts, federal statutes, regulations and procedures. Applies them in performance of review activities. Enhances professional knowledge & development through participation in educational programs and in-service meetings. Stays current with journal articles etc. Completes annual mandatory education, attend and contributes to 95% of staff meetings.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Specific Degree/Major: Nursing
- One year experience in Case Management in an acute care environment.
- Current license of registered nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application of eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Application of InterQual® Criteria set.
- Assessment competency and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
- Assessment competency for appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Case Management Certification
- Greater than Three years’ experience.
The Case Manager is accountable for the organization, sequence of services and resources that are necessary and appropriate for the achievement of patient care outcomes within effective time frames on a specific group of patients. In addition, the Case Manager will coordinate the plan of care among all members of the health care team. The Case Manager must have the professional ability to practice under minimal supervision and perform the following seven essential activities of Case Management: Appropriateness of Setting, Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation, with emphasis on decreasing length of stay and monitoring cost effective health care across the continuum of care. The Case Manager must complete all initial admission assessments within 24 hours of inpatient admission and match the patient’s ongoing needs with the appropriate level and type of medical, health, psychosocial, or social service as they relate across the continuum of care
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.