AdventHealth Critical Care Nurse Manager in Land O' Lakes, Florida
Critical Care Nurse Manager AdventHealth Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth SC Connerton
Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Ensures that Unit patient care is provided with clinical competence and in a courteous, professional manner consistent with hospital mission, vision, and values.
· Ensures that all applicable standards of care/practice are met and that hospital and departmental policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
· Program goals meet hospital strategic goals.
· Promotes a positive image and maintains a helpful, professional attitude towards employees, patients, patients, physicians, visitors and the community to ensure the image of AHS.
· Ensures staff is provided with professional development opportunities as needed to maintain and enhance skills needed for excellent Unit clinical practice.
· Promotes Unit throughout the community via physician and community presentations.
· Develops and maintains Unit standards according to National Standards.
· Demonstrates excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills for a diverse population.
· Communicates respectfully, openly, honestly and directly to all team members
· Communicates and reinforces organizational mission, vision and values with department staff.
· Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure ongoing dissemination of pertinent information via various communication methods
· Holds self and staff accountable to the highest standards.
· Promotes a trusting atmosphere that recognizes and values diversity, professionalism and the establishment of collaborative relationships with physicians, internal and external customers.
· Encourages teamwork by creating an environment of empowerment and accountability, sharing information, and involving employees in decision-making.
· Serves as a coach, mentor and positive role model and encourages aspiring leaders to promote personal, professional and organizational growth and development.
· Creates, supports and champions new ideas, innovative thinking and reasonable risk taking.
· Develops or revises job descriptions, practice standards and competency levels necessary to meet mandatory job requirements.
· Ensures recruitment, hiring and training of new employees to meet department staffing needs.
· Ensures management, disciplining, and performance evaluation of department staff based on job requirements and core competencies assigned to the job.
· Promotes conflict resolution using constructive coaching techniques while providing employees with feedback that is timely, clear and appropriate.
· Oversees Unit staff development and training opportunities as mandated by hospital and department policies and employee needs.
· Prepares annual operating budget, reviews financial reports weekly, monthly and takes corrective action as needed.
· Monitors supply costs to ensure cost effectiveness.
· Evaluates, recommends, and implements cost reduction and productive measures using performance improvement and benchmark data.
· Identifies, reviews, and prioritizes opportunities to improve organization efficiency and effectiveness through the use of technology and automation.
· Reviews staffing patterns, census and acuity of nursing units to ensure staffing is consistent with patient needs and budgetary constraints.
· Appropriately aligns staffing to maximize quality and productivity, following Unit standards.
· Ensures Standards are maintained according to State Guidelines
· Collaborates with Director of Quality to ensure compliance with state laws and Joint Commission standards.
· Translates goals and objectives of the department into effective work operations, encouraging and supporting employees to achieve these goals.
· Collaborates with hospital management, professional staff and department/unit staff to promote effective communication and cooperation to ensure patient needs are met.
· Monitors departmental outcomes, measures progress and intervene where necessary in order to achieve compliance with internal and external standards, guidelines or measures.
· Works with Hospitals in our service area to promote Unit in community.
· Participates in Clinical Leadership, general Hospital Leadership and Leadership Development courses.
· Monitors pertinent healthcare trends, develops insights, and identities business opportunities for new programs and services.
· Prepares necessary support to influence or develop pertinent regulations that influence the organization’s mission and strategies.
· Represents the organization on pertinent committees of scientific and professional groups.
· Monitors department staff in presenting and/or publishing articles, abstracts, or results of research studies in professional journals or at professional meetings.
· Collaborates with corporate teams, state and national health care professionals, and professional organizations via information exchange, benchmarking tools, and attendance at national conferences.
· Participates in and serves as a role model/leader for excellence in Unit
EDUCATION REQUIRED :
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
BS in Nursing
MS in Nursing or Business
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Three to five years’ experience in a Nursing Supervisory capacity
Three to five years’ Critical Care Experience
Three to five years’ ICU Experience
5+ years’ management with emphasis on operations, clinical compliance, finance and marketing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Active RN license in the State of Florida
BCLS, ACLS, NIH
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.