AdventHealth Patient Unit Telemetry Tech, Full-time Days in Land O' Lakes, Florida
Patient Unit Telemetry Tech AdventHealth SC Connerton FT Days
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth SC Connerton
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews all patient’s EMR to ensure all appropriate power plans and Quality Measure Consoles have been initiated. Will communicate to appropriate RN for any that need further review.
- Will utilize the Patient Access List to monitor for new orders throughout the shift as appropriate
- Will follow-up on physician order consults-ensure that the physician’s office has been notified, verifies that the consultant has seen the patient. Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
- Will assist the physicians with ‘Order Entry’ questions/issues, acting as the first line of support.
- Will manage the paper order process during and after computer down time.
- Acquire records for Skilled Nursing Facility and other acute and sub-acute patient transfers as appropriate
- Maintains patient boards at nursing desk
- Accurately identifies cardiac arrhythmias in 2 leads (Lead II and MCL) and all pacer rhythms.
- Reports and documents life-threatening arrhythmias to the appropriate RN
- Identifies components necessary to operate telemetry equipment and/or correct pattern.
- Documents rhythm strip each shift and when arrhythmia occurs for each telemetry patient and notifies RN.
- Maintains current, accurate telemetry log with patient name and other essential information according to unit standards.
- Assigns Spectralink phones to the nursing staff and assures that each person signs for the phone at each shift change.
What You Will Need:
- High School education, equivalent or adequate years of experience.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Basic Arrhythmia and ECG Interpretation Certification or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Successful completion of a Novice arrhythmia class
Prior related work experience in a healthcare environment that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Working knowledge of and ability to use personal computer and perform data entry.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to quickly learn and successfully complete a competency skill check off list within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
- Previous experience as a Telemetry Tech in a healthcare setting. Successful completion of competency validation according to Hospital standards.
Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certificationBasic Arrhythmia and ECG Interpretation Certification or obtained within 6 months of hire.Successful completion of a Novice arrhythmia classPrior related work experience in a healthcare environment that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:Working knowledge of and ability to use personal computer and perform data entry.Working knowledge of medical terminology.Ability to quickly learn and successfully complete a competency skill check off list within 90 days of employment.Ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.Previous experience as a Telemetry Tech in a healthcare setting. Successful completion of competency validation according to Hospital standards.
Performs clerical and receptionist duties; patient and family rounding as “Goodwill Ambassador”, computers and work station on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery. Also responsible for the continuous observation of cardiac rhythms displayed on the monitor screen of the telemetry console; identifying and reporting cardiac arrhythmias/dysrhythmias.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Connerton
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.