AdventHealth RN Assistant Nurse Manager Full Time Nights in Land O' Lakes, Florida
"Assistant Nurse Manager RN Full Time Nights" AdventHealth SC Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth SC Connerton
Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with all departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates AIDET and TWCE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to FH Connerton standards for dress, professional appearance and behavioral expectations.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with FH Connerton corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager and AVP of Nursing Services on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan.
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets.
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager and AVP of Nursing Services, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager and AVP of Nursing Services.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring and promoting education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience or two years if has prior leadership experience in team leader role.
BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
National certification in specialty preferred
Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.