CT Technologist Weekend Worker Program Nights, Advent Health Lenexa Prairie Star
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Work 24 hours, get paid for 36 hours as part of the Weekend Worker Program
Will also receive a night shift and weekend differential.
Every Friday/Saturday night
Location: AdventHealth Lenexa
23401 PRAIRIE STAR PKWY, Lenexa, 66227
The community you’ll be caring for:
We have a higher standard of hospital care in Lenexa, Kansas. When you visit us at AdventHealth Lenexa, formerly Shawnee Mission Health – Prairie Star, we'll meet your health challenges with compassion, leading-edge technology, and a comprehensive care plan that not only helps heal your body, but ministers to your mind and spirit too.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs CAT Scan procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to acquire Cat Scan images for radiological diagnosis. Must keep room clean and stocked with supplies that are required to perform CAT Scan procedures. .
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains all the essential job functions of the CT Technologist.
· Rotates “on call” status
· Reviews scheduled patient’s requisitions and chart before starting exam.
· Administers opaque contrast material as directed by Radiologist.
· Starts IV’s on out patients that require IV contrast.
· Draw labs for Creatine when possible to expedite patient care.
· Communicate with nurses and physicians to expedite patient care.
· Locate orders, lab work, allergies and any other related resources on the patient in Power Chart.
· Send images to VRC in a timely manner and scan VRC report into PACS.
· Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
· Participate in the training of new CT techs.
· Operates Cerner System, proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
· Complete and charge exams correctly on Cerner System.
· Send all exams to PACS System and know what to do if PACS is down.
· Adheres to radiation safety standards.
· Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunctions.
· Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) Personalized Patient Care Every Patient Every time.
· Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
· Demonstrates commitment of personal and professional development, and pursues appropriate continuing education.
· Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code standards.
· Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Provides patient transportation when needed. Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director or Manager
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas State License LRT
· Nationally Registered ARRT
· ARRT Registered CT Technologist
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23039129
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job ID: 23039129
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 3 - Night