AdventHealth Lead Medical Assistant FT Lenexa in Lenexa, Kansas
Lead Medical Assistant -AdventHealth Centra Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Full-time; Monday-Friday 8a-5p
- Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience, examples customer service to other team members
- Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs.
- Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed.
- Provides guidance to team in prioritizing patient care and non-patient care activities, ensures team reviews all memos, in-services, policy updates, etc. Assist with the education of the clinical employee’s when needed.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of accredited medical assistant program
- 6 months of MA Experience and evaluation of competency by Director of Nursing
- BLS Certification
- Continued maintenance of BAT certification after hire
- Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
- National Health Career Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Lead Medical Assistant cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities to include directing and guiding back office staff in monitoring and expediting workflow. This position helps in ensuring the back office operations of the clinic function smoothly and that the proper protocols are in place. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.