Surgical Tech II – AdventHealth Lenexa Surgery Center
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
$4.00 per hour differential for Certification
Sign-on Bonus, with a two-year commitment agreement signed by eligible candidates
Benefits and Paid Days off from day on
Employee Referral program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full time days, 8 hour shift between 7am – 5pm Monday - Friday
Shift : Days
Location: 23401 Prairie Star Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66227
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgical Tech II (ST) is a select para-professional who is prepared to practice competent perioperative care of patients under the direct supervision of a qualified professional nurse within the context of an accountable work team. The ST is responsible and accountable to assist in planning, coordinating and implementing care of the surgical patient. At the discretion of the manager, the ST is cross-trained to assume all responsibilities pertaining to immediate surgical care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Prepare for surgical procedures using the surgeon preference card and obtain supplies and instruments for the procedure.
· Practice sterile and aseptic technique as demonstrated by proper surgical hand scrub, preparation of mayo stand, back table and other sterile surfaces including the draping of the patient.
· Safely manage instrumentation and equipment during the surgical procedure.
· Manage countable items on the surgical field so as to avoid retained surgical items.
· Perform post case clean up and proper care of instrumentation
· Perform patient care including but not limited to medication management on the sterile field, dressing application and assisting with positioning as needed.
· Practice professional accountability by teamwork practices, communication practices and obtaining information and skill when deficits are recognized.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· No Previous Experience is Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school for Surgical Technology
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 21032761
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $20.448 - $32.716
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job ID: 21032761
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day