All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
This role is Sign-On Bonus Eligible!
Provide quality patient care to all patients within the medical imaging department. Perform high quality images and exams on patients while maintaining the sensitivity to patient needs. Follows standards of safe radiation practice. Demonstrates leadership abilities and is a role model for other associate technologists. Acts as a clinical resource to unit personnel and assures current standards of practice for the unit.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Performs diagnostic imaging procedures, providing safety for self, patients and all other individuals. Practices all rules and regulations pertaining to radiation safety, reducing personal and patient exposure to “as low as reasonably achievable” (ALARA).
• Produces quality images in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Prepares patient for exam. Provides information and instruction to patient and/or family regarding the procedure and responds to their physical and emotional needs.
• Assists the patient during exam and positions the patient.
• Observes patient and equipment during the procedure and reports / documents unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
• Facilitates smooth patient flow, scheduling and optimal use of equipment/resources.
• Communicates in writing and verbally with all physicians, imaging personnel, students and hospital staff in facilitating the continuum of care.
• Assists with patient transport as needed.
• Performs IV starts and contrast administration as required.
• As assigned by management, performs technologist duties of other registered modality.
• Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.
• Correctly inputs charges and required data for procedures and for supplies utilized during the procedure/exam.
• Completes required hospital/medical imaging paperwork for each exam performed.
• Prepares room, equipment, and exam materials needed for exam.
• Maintains technical operation of equipment and notifies service when necessary. Notifies supervisor of equipment problems and logs the service call/problem per department procedure.
• Maintains clean work area for employees and patients.
• Maintains quality checks and equipment maintenance documentation per department procedure.
• Proactive in problem identification and following up with appropriate management personnel.
• Establishes a motivating, constructive rapport with physicians, staff and system departments.
• Maintains high skill level through ongoing education / meeting attendance and shares information with staff.
• Participates in clinical training for students and/or staff technologists.
• Engages in professional activities through involvement in organizations, journal clubs, on-line education, etc.
• Actively participates in department/hospital quality and process improvement initiatives.
• Maintains compliance with all State, Federal, accreditation and hospital regulations and standards.
• Responsible for contributing to ACR accreditation as requested.
• Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements.
• Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Education: High School Diploma or GED
· Experience: One year of related experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associate’s degree (strongly preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· ARRT(CT), ARRT(N), ARRT(T) or CNMT registry required or State CT registry ARRT(R) with CT training
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
· Licensed Radiology Technologist in state of employment if working in a Kansas site
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23026829
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AH Rocky Mountain
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $32.35 - $56.46
Location: Littleton, CO
Job ID: 23026829
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day