All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Day Shift
Location: AdventHealth Avista
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medication Coordinator will be responsible for the ordering and maintaining of all drugs and supplies needed for the oncology practice, sensitive to cost and meeting the yearly drug budget. The coordinator will be responsible for mixing chemotherapy daily for all treatment patients and will also assist in drug prior authorizations with insurance companies. The coordinator will demonstrate technical skill level in utilizing a variety of pharmaceutical competencies including, but not limited to, calculations, aseptic technique and cytotoxic drug precautions in compliance with hospital regulations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
· Accurately and in a timely manner prepares and manages medications to ensure availability of ordered drugs.
· On a monthly basis, checks clinic medications for outdates, overstock, and proper storage to ensure the use of high quality medications.
· Demonstrates technical skill level in utilizing a variety of pharmaceutical competencies including, but not limited to, calculations, aseptic technique and cytotoxic drug properties.
· Provides teaching for the patient and family based on assessed needs, using appropriate resources.
· Serves as focal point of contact for medication preparation, ordering, and inventory related questions.
· Answers all questions and issues concerning the system and appropriately refer in-house concerns to the clinic management or hospital pharmacy director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Verbal Interpersonal
· Customer Relations
· Read/Comprehend written instructions
· Follow verbal instructions
· Keyboarding (manual)
· Computer (visual)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Active CO Pharmacy Tech License
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027425
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $18.49 - $29.36
Location: Littleton, CO
Job ID: 23027425
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 1 - Day