Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
This job is responsible for managing the care of essentially healthy women and co-managing with a physician, the care of those clients who develop problems that put them at a greater risk. Trained to assist women during childbirth, antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care. Delivers babies and assists physicians in procedures such as C-sections. Performs gynecological exams, prenatal care and education to patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Participates in quality and risk programs and adheres to medical staff rules and regulations.
• Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
• Manages the health care of essentially healthy women in accordance with hospital/ physician approved guidelines. Initiates appropriate therapeutic, diagnostic and educational interventions, including consultations and referrals.
• Assesses patient/family learning style and appropriately teach and document understang.
• Manages the labor and delivery of pregnant women who meet criteria established by hospital and sponsoring physicians.
• Assesses and formulates a diagnosis and a plan of care in collaboration with physicians when appropriate.
• Surgically assists with c-sections as required by physician.
• Uses extensive knowledge of physiology, pharmacology and patho physiology, applies assessment skills and critical thinking to determine appropriate medical interventions for women.
• Performs effectively in emergent situations, follows established protocols, remaining calm and informing the appropriate persons and documenting events.
• Records medical documentation of care provided to inpatient and outpatient clinical care. Documents orders and patient progress in the medical record accurately, concisely and legibly. Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient’s medical record.
• Engage patient to foster commitment to comply with plan of care.
• Effectively uses time, equipment and supplies to provide cost effective delivery of patient care.
• Serves as patient advocate.
• Maintains current practice in accordance with ACNM and state requirements. ie CEUs and credentialing requirements.
• Provides and promotes education for clients, hospital staff and community according to need.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Verbal Interpersonal
· Customer Relations
· Read/Comprehend written instructions
· Follow verbal instructions
· Keyboarding (manual)
· Computer (visual)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Degree: Master Degree
· Specialty: Nursing
· Comment: Masters degree in Certified Nurse Midwifery (ACNM accredited midwifery program required)
· Two years recent nursing experience. Spanish speaking, preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Credentials: Registered Nurse
· Comments: Current state RN license for applicable state of employment
· Credentials: Basic Life Support
o Source: American Heart Association
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
· Credentials: Advances practice nurse
· Comment: Advance Practice Nurse- Certified Nurse Midwife license for applicable state of employment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Credentials: Neonatal Resuscitation Program
· Comment: May be required for hospital privileging
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23034443
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 90 HEALTH PARK DR
Pay Range: $47.26 - $79.9
Location: Louisville, CO
Job ID: 23034443
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day