AdventHealth Account Representative l- Billing Collections and Denials in Maitland, Florida
Account Representative I Billing Collections and Denials
Location: 900 Winderley Place, Maitland FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full time hours with Benefits
- Conveniently located near i-4 and Apopka expressway 414
- We have Positive values with a productive and energetic atmosphere
Career growth and advancement potentialFull time hours with BenefitsConveniently located near i-4 and Apopka expressway 414We have Positive values with a productive and energetic atmosphere
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works with Insurance payers to ensure proper billing takes place on all assigned patient accounts. Depending on payer contract may be required to participate in conference calls, accounts receivable reports, compiles the issue report in order to expedite resolution of accounts.
- Works follow up report daily, maintaining established goal(s), and notifies Supervisor, of issues preventing achievement of such goal(s). Follows up on daily correspondence (denials, underpayments) to appropriately work Patient accounts.
- Assists Customer Service with Patient concerns/questions to ensure prompt and accurate resolution is achieved. Produces written correspondence to payers and patients regarding status of claim, requesting additional information, etc.
- Initiates next billing, assign appropriate follow-up and/or collection step(s), this is not limited to calling patients, insurers or employers, as appropriate. Sends initial or secondary bills to Insurance payers.
- Documents billing, follow-up and/or assign collection step(s) that are taken and all measures to resolve assigned accounts, including escalation to Supervisor/Manager if necessary.
- Processes administrative and Medical appeals, refunds, reinstatements and rejections of insurance claims with the oversight of the Supervisor and/or Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
·One-year of experience in Revenue Cycle Department or related areas such as registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical, or contract management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
·Able to work with advanced billing procedures.
·Able to prioritize and multitask based on volume of work within specific deadlines
·Knowledge of the Revenue Cycle and the links between departments: Charge Capture, Patient Access, HIM, Coding, and Patient Financial Services.
·Working knowledge involving coverage, payment, compliance, and basic billing rules for Government and Managed Care payers.
·Uses discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
·Ability to give and follow written and verbal directions.
·Working knowledge of personal computer applications and proficient in word, excel and power point applications. Self-motivator, quick thinker, communicates professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
·Ability to work with all departments and all levels of management.
Protects the financial standing of AdventHealth Central Florida Division South by performing functions related to the billing, coding, collection, payment, and customer service for all payer and patient accounts. Under general supervision, is responsible for processing insurance and billing insurance in a timely manner. Reviews assigned electronic claims and submission reports. Resolves and resubmits rejected claims appropriately as necessary. Works closely with HIM, Coding, Revenue Integrity, Patient Access, and Patient Financial Services departments to resolve outstanding claim errors by obtaining necessary information for accurate billing. Processes daily error logs, stalled reports, aging claims, and any ah-hoc reports. Addresses claim issues from insurance companies requesting additional information and/or checking status of billings.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.