AdventHealth Account Representative Manager (Bill/Coll/Den) FT/Day in Maitland, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Account Representative Manager (Billing/Collections/Denials) - AdventHealth Maitland
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Maitland
- The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
- The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
- The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time - Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Manages the cohesive relationship between insurance and hospital. Works with Insurance payers to ensure proper follow up on billing/denials/variances takes place on all assigned patient accounts. Depending on payer contract, may be required to participate in conference calls. Compiles the Accounts Receivable issue report to expedite resolution of accounts. Be well versed in the NUBC guidelines. Maintain an understanding of Federal, State, local and industry standards, guidelines, rules and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Managed billion-dollar AR for multi-campus area. Manages department team members by providing application assistance and work flow knowledge and training. Shows respect and consideration for co-workers needs, concerns and beliefs. Able to implement and enforce Advent Health, Central Florida Division South’s policies and procedures and furnish actionable feedback and performance improvement requirements. Assisting the Supervisor with managing the day to day operations.
- Works reports daily, maintaining established goal(s), and notifies Director, of issues preventing achievement of such goal(s). Manages the follow up on daily correspondence to appropriately resolve patient accounts with one touch resolution. Assists Customer Service with Patient concerns/questions to ensure prompt and accurate resolution is achieved. Produces written correspondence to payers and patients regarding status of claim, requesting additional information, etc. Participate in insurance claim event to reduce outstanding AR if necessary.
- Reviews previous account documentation, determining appropriate action(s) necessary to resolve each assigned account for proper protocols. Initiates next billing, assign appropriate follow-up and/or collection step(s), this is not limited to calling patients, insurers or employers, as appropriate. Ensure compliance with applicable payer requirements and apply them to ensure proper and timely reimbursement. Documents all step(s) are taken and ensures all measures to resolve assigned accounts are taken driven off one touch resolution. This includes escalation to Director if necessary. Has primary responsibility for resolving problems and rectifying inefficiencies related to insurance companies processes and relations. Maintains a strong working relationship with Clinical Denials team, HIM, Coding, Revenue Integrity, Patient Access, and/or Patient Financial Services Leadership to address process and outstanding account/claim errors.
- Remains in consistent daily communication with team members. Attend required scheduled meetings, events and activities. Responsible for meeting and exceeding separation rate as set by company. Executes excellent customer service and professionalism when interacting with staff, payer representatives, patients and families are all treated with kindness and respect.
- Track the status of all the response efforts carried out by the management staff. Gathers and assembles documentation relates to trends and root causes for committee meetings and regular meetings with Leadership. Ensure timely follow up and proactively investigate and address potential process inefficiencies. Tracks and reports on budgetary items when requested. Regularly launches new initiatives with staff including brainstorming methods for achieving them and carries projects through until goals are successfully achieved.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field
- Three years of experience in a Revenue Cycle Department or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical, or contract management
- Two-year of supervisory/management experience
- Seven years of Management experience in Revenue Cycle Department or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical, or contract management
- Two-year of supervisory/management experience
Protects the financial standing of Advent Health, Central Florida Division South, by performing functions related to the collections, payment and customer service for all payer and patient accounts. Manager monitors and directs the process of follow up with insurance in a timely accurate manner. Provides leadership with daily updates on volumes, dollars, and related systemic issues. Reviews daily assigned electronic claims and submission reports. Maintains a strong working relationship with HIM, Coding, Revenue Integrity, Patient Access, and Patient Financial Services Leadership to address process and outstanding claim errors. Processes daily error logs, stalled reports, aging claims, and any ah-hoc reports. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to all company policies and procedures. Adheres to Advent Health, Central Florida Division South, Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.